What does it mean when the airbag light is flashing?
A flashing airbag warning light indicates a significant problem with the SRS system meaning you should take it to a repairer immediately. … If the clockspring is little worn it might temporarily open the circuit between the airbag and sensors, which will make the warning light come on.
How do you reset the flashing airbag light on a Nissan?
How to Reset The Airbag Status Light On A Nissan
- Insert the key into the ignition and turn the key to ON.
- Notice that the light will stay on and then start blinking. After turning the key to ON, wait until the light turns to off, to start the blinking process, and then switch the key OFF and remove the key.
- Wait 5 seconds. …
- Wait 5 seconds and repeat step 1.
Is it safe to drive with airbag light flashing?
It is not safe to drive with the airbag light ON. When the light is on, it means that there is a problem with the airbag system. When there is a problem with the system, it will not deploy the airbags at all in an accident. … If your airbags are not functional in a crash, it may cause death or serious injuries.
What would cause the airbag light to come on?
A common reason air bag lights come on is because something is interfering with the seat belt switch — the sensor that detects if the belt is properly fastened — which could trigger a false warning light related to the air bags, says Robert Foster, owner of Foster’s Master Tech in Bozeman, Montana.7 мая 2015 г.
How do I reset airbag warning light?
How to Reset an Airbag Light
- Put the key into the ignition and turn the switch to the “on” position.
- Watch for the airbag light to turn on. It will stay illuminated for seven seconds and then shut itself off. After it shuts off, immediately turn the switch off and wait three seconds.
- Repeat Steps 1 and 2 two more times. Start the engine.
Will disconnecting battery reset airbag light?
Probably not. It would depend on the system of course. Seeing how certain pieces of data can be downloaded from the crash sensor after the crash AND it is quite likely the car’s battery will be destroyed in an accident I’m going to go with no disconnecting the battery won’t reset an SRS warning light.
How much does it cost to reset airbag?
Expect to pay between $80 and $120 to repair a pretensioner and even more to replace with new components. At the very least, the ECU or airbag module will need to be reset costing about $50 to $150. If the airbag control module needs replacing, expect to pay anywhere from $400 to $1,200 for a new one.
Will an airbag light fail MOT?
2. Supplementary Restraint Systems (SRS) lamps. … If no lamp is present or it doesn’t illuminate then it can’t indicate a system fault, so it can’t be failed. Some vehicles may also incorporate warning messages on dash board displays; these are in addition to any MIL lamps and should not be used as a reason for rejection …
What does the airbag light look like?
On your dash, you will see a light that either says Air Bag or SRS. SRS stands for “supplemental restraint system.” In some vehicles, you might also see an illustration of a person with an airbag deploying. In some vehicles, you might see a warning saying, “airbag deactivated,” or, “air bag off.”