How do you remove a tailgate from a Nissan Frontier?
step 1: Removing the Tailgate Handle (0:37)
- Lower the tailgate.
- Remove the two Phillips head screws from the bed liner.
- Pry the plastic rivets out of the tailgate.
- Pull off the bed liner.
- Pull off the tailgate handle plate.
- Unclip the latch rods from the tailgate handle.
- Remove the two 10mm nuts from the tailgate handle.
How do you open a stuck tailgate on a truck?
How to Open a Broken Tailgate
- Grab the tailgate latch handle and try pulling it to the open position. Feel for any dry movement or grit in the handle movement.
- Spray the lubricant into the handle mechanism. …
- Grab the screwdriver and move the side of the tailgate where it attaches to the truck side via the hinges. …
- Drop the tailgate down.
How do you fix a broken tailgate on a truck?
Push a new tailgate handle into the cavity from the front of the tailgate. Replace the two holding bolts and tighten with an adjustable wrench. Insert the latch rods back into the locking clips on each side of the tailgate handle. Rotate the clips clockwise until they lock into place.